Author Topic: hunting trip  (Read 11703 times)

Offline EDDIE

• View Profile
hunting trip
« on: January 19, 2006, 03:49:40 pm »
i just went on a hunting trip up to new braunfels. it was my first ever hunting trip. i was ready to kill anything that moved. we were hunting for deer. i had been watching the 'outdoor channel' for the past few weeks to get any  hunting tips that i could get. they kept talking about how great it is to get out there in the country and all that stuff. i was like o.k. just shoot something. well after spending 3 days 'out in the country', i have to admit it was absolutely relaxing. no tv's, no traffic, no nothing! ok just my cell phone. i did see 1 deer, and i missed, but at that point it didn't matter. the coolest thing was just sitting in the blind, looking out and all you could see was the great mountain view. all you could hear was the wind blowing through the trees,some squirrels, and the birds. if you ever just need to get away from the everyday b.s.....just go ' out to the country' for a few days. it will recharge your batteries.

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
Re: hunting trip
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 01:40:02 am »
no tvs? no traffic? no internet? but you had your phone? crap, if i take my phone out there i will still have all that!

i stopped by your work and they told me you subscribed to that outdoor channel. Watching fishing on tv and crap.

but yeah, i would like to go out there someday to check it out. did you take in pictures? id probably be doing that.  let me know next time  you go out there. id tag along. maybe you, rob, and i can do something like that.

just no Deliverance reenactments....

Offline EDDIE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 10:30:23 am »
that outdoor channel is cool. all these guys get out to their blinds at like 5a.m. and crap. they say to be very quiet, put on all these kinds of scent blockers, use all these gadgets to make 'calls' for whatever animal you are hunting for. they really get into it. i didn't take any pictures, i didn't take a camera. if i had taken one, there would of been some funny pictures of tim. we were all laughing so much our stomachs were hurting. it was alot of fun.

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 04:14:20 pm »
5AM? crap, forget that, dont invite me out there!

so much for being quite if you guys were laughing so damned much.

Offline EDDIE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 02:01:27 pm »
here's what funny about the whole thing......i wake up and get out to my blind at about 6:00am. all the other guys were too tired or hungover to get out there. so there i am, waiting for the sun to start coming up, and ii was a very cool morning. anyways at 9:00am, after not seeing any deer, i decide to change to another blind. about 10:30, oscar comes driving up on the 4-wheeler. he tells me that tommy shot a deer. i thouight i was the only one hunting that morning, so i figured maybe tommy got up soon after i did and headed out. oscar then tells me that tommy shot the deer where i had been that morning. i'm going like ....f*k, WHY DID I MOVE. anyway when we get back to the campsite, i tell tommy i left that blind because i never saw anything while i was there. tommy tells me " no, i went to this blind" which is like 15 feet away. tommy tells us he had to take a piss and just walked down towards the blind, swa the deer, grabbed his gun and shot it. FFFUUUUCCCCKKKKK, i've been up since before f*kin' dawn and don't even see crap, this guys sleeps in,goes to piss, and f*kin' shoots a deer. this crap was not on the f*kin' outdoor channel, i want a refund.

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 07:14:06 pm »
did tommy pick up his pants before he shot the damn deer??

i think the closest i have come to hunting is trying to shoot rob with the paintball gun while he drives by on his dirt bike, now that it is sports action!!!

Offline EDDIE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 09:25:39 am »
the guys told me that after tommy shot the deer in his underwear and boots, he went back up to the bunkhouse and dressed up then went back for the deer. your supposed to wait about 20 -30 minutes before chasing down your deer after you shoot it ( that's if it runs). it's weird but true, even though you hit vital areas it will run.....if you go after it right away....he'll just keep going,eventually falling when it dies. if you leave it alone after shooting it.....it won't run as far......then you won't have to walk all over the damn woods looking for it.......if you're really good....it will drop right in it's tracks when you shoot it. how far do you have to chase down rob? does he drop right in his tracks? i bet they're elusive little f*ks to shoot.

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 11:56:25 am »
My biology teacher in high school once told us an interesting story about hunting deer. Apparently him and his buddies went out hunting somewhere and the owner of the ranch didnt allow you to shoot the deer anywhere but the neck or above.

So my teacher is out there and he spots this deer but it wouldnt turn around to give him a shot but when the thing goes down to drink water my teacher shoots under the deer, through its legs, and right under its throat. damn good crap.

i dont know if it was true or if it was one of those "i caught a fish this big" stories.