Author Topic: Book Bonding  (Read 12983 times)

Offline EDDIE

• View Profile
Book Bonding
« on: December 29, 2005, 07:24:43 pm »
what books have you read that you would say was a good read?

http://www.digisal.com/jl//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=137&Itemid=35
So I found myself in a pleasant conversation about I don't know what with a local real estate woman when she noticed The DaVinci Code book on her clients headrest. From there the pleasant conversation turned into a pleasant discussion about books and then movies. I thought it was funny how people with little in common can find common ground in their reading habits. I need to read more books.

I am going to continue reading a book, before I fall asleep writing this, a close friend gave me entitled The Treasure of A Friend by John C. Maxwell. Maybe she thinks I don't treasure her enough. Well, I do.

. . .
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 01:36:22 am by digiSal »

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
Re: Book Bonding
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 02:27:16 am »
I highly recommened Dan Brown' The DaVinci Code. Bad arse book that I couldnt put down! Its about a the murder of a museum care taker. Why did he get killed and what was he and Leonardo Da Vinci protecting and hinting at in his Paintings.

after reading that book I read all of Dan Browns books. Five i think. Awesome book.

Offline Weave

• Senior Illustrious Potentate
  • Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MisterWeave Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 03:48:59 am »
I read DaVinci and liked it as well... fast paced, well written, great adventure story, and it seemed like they taught you crap while you read it. Nice touch. The Bourne stuff is also good like that - and the movies and the books are not the same thing.
Take care,
Weave

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 03:18:41 pm »
Weave is talking about the Robert Ludlum books; Bourne Identity. I didnt even know the dude was dead. http://www.ludlumbooks.com/

I started reading Hades Factor by Ludlum a few years back when I was working at the airport but never finished it. A few weeks ago I started reading Hades Factor again but then I realized it was the same book from a few years back. I decided I would finish it this time. I read for a good 3 days but then it got to predictable so I stopped despite my efforts to keep reading!

So I am still looking for something to read.

Offline artmor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 03:38:33 pm »
You all want to know about a good action/crime author try George Pelecanos.  His books are awesome trust me once you read one youare going to want to read the rest.

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 01:42:17 am »
You all want to know about a good action/crime author try George Pelecanos.  His books are awesome trust me once you read one youare going to want to read the rest.

hey art.

Art here is the most read person i know. Why the hell he is not an author himselfi beyond me! but maybe its the beer!!! haha....
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 07:20:01 pm by digiSal »

Offline Rob

• It wasn't Me !
    • View Profile
    • The Shit I wont Forget
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 12:16:47 pm »
Damn the last book I read was Lord of the Flys back in 11 th grade....and even then I got bored of reading it and I went and Rented the Movie.............. Im sorry Im not a book person , but I do read alot of car magazines " does that count "

Rob.
" These Five Words in my Head ,...... Scream out ........... ? ? "