Author Topic: Music as a Time Machine....  (Read 7818 times)

admin

Music as a Time Machine....
« on: June 10, 2003, 08:54:48 pm »
You ever listen to a certain song or CD and it magically transports you back in time when things were so different and less complicated.

As I am doing some homework right now I had no idea what to listen to. I downloaded the new ZZ Top and heard a few of the songs, they are okay, and then i got tired. I listened to some Creed, but didnt get me going. I was about to listen to Pearl Jams best album, the first one TEN, when I remembered about the Candlebox CD i stumbled upon earlier while looking for Ozzy's Ozmosis.

I popped it in and am jamming to it now. I am taken back to high school, Sophmore and Junior year. I had bought a yellow IROCZ as my first car and it did not have a CD player so I went out and bought Candlebox on Carseette, remember those? I remember that hot arse summer driving around jamming to that crap with my neighbor Nooner, who has since grown up and now goes by just Joe.

Before getting the tape and the car, I remember seeing the video for Far Behind every morning on MTV before going to school. I took it as a sign and went out and bought the CD. Loved it! After finally upgrading to a CD Player in the IROC i was forever listening to Candlebox. The one night i went to the mall to go to some Audio Store because i wanted to buy some crossover thing for this crapty arse non powered 8inch Bazzooka i bought.

When i came outside there was the cops surrounding my car which had been broken into. That sucked so bad. The stole my CD Player and CDs. I had leant out my Candlebox so it was not lost.

I love this CD.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 09:00:00 pm by 1064646000 »

Offline Weave

• Senior Illustrious Potentate
  • Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MisterWeave Blog
Re: Music as a Time Machine....
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2003, 01:57:35 pm »
I know exactly what you mean... music transports you back to a time or a person from your past. I recently snagged a Best of Janet Jackson cd and it immediatley took me back to a friend - Dave - that used to sing some "adult lyric modified Janet". Wonder what the hell ever happened to good old Dave. Last I heard he was going to Monterey California to Defense Language School.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 09:00:00 pm by 1064646000 »
Take care,
Weave