Author Topic: General Catch-Up  (Read 8577 times)

Offline Weave

• Senior Illustrious Potentate
  • Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MisterWeave Blog
General Catch-Up
« on: November 17, 2009, 11:36:43 pm »
Posting this from the wife's Vista Box that I took over. I was playing with video and the old XP box was having problems. Have this hooked up to a 19 inch LCD tv and Hulu is AWESOME this way.

Experimenting with Rhapsody - never thought I'd rent music, but so far it is interesting. I had a 2 GB Sansa Clip that was compatible, so I can now download and store rented music and listen on the go. The can share playlists and have "channels" based upon artists of a similar ilk. Not thinking of dropping it yet, so I guess it's ok... especially if you are musically adventurous. They are supposed to update the service tonight, so they will be out for the count till morning.

The laptop with temperature problems isn't dead yet. I have it put up and am thinking of hooking up a linux distro on it.

Been listening to podcasts and audio books - here is one of Asimov's Foundation series that the BBC put together: Isaac Asimov - The Foundation Trilogy

The BBC do so much more with their media. I think they all pay so much every year and it pays for cool stuff like that. If your GoogleFu is up to it, I hear there is a version of The Lord of the Rings, too.

Hope everyone is well!
Take care,
Weave

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
Re: General Catch-Up
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 08:33:25 pm »
Cool Weave. Glad to hear you are still geeking around!