Author Topic: Greetings From Mac Mini  (Read 12829 times)

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
Greetings From Mac Mini
« on: March 10, 2009, 07:17:31 pm »
Ah, can you believe I am posting this from an Apple product?? I can't believe it!! grrr

In  our Radiology department we are wanting / needing to go with digital xrays as apposed to films. Saving on costs is the number one reason. Well everyone knows that Apple is best used for graphics so most of those PACs (picture archive and communication systems) are all Apple based so we got one, or are trying one that is Apple based. The open source Osirix viewer.

So what did I do? Ordered a 17inch Mac Book for the doc, a Mac Pro server, two 23inch cinema displays and this Mac Mini.

Well, I keep telling the doc, a Radiologist, that I don't know Mac so I always have a hard time when he asks me to do stuff. lol So today he tells me to take the Macbook so I can learn the platform, but I didnt want to take it from him so I said I'd take the mini and here I am, on the Mini.

It is past 5 so I am about to head out but wanted to post the greeting. I cant even Maximize this window!! So I'm going to need help.

Offline Rob

• It wasn't Me !
    • View Profile
    • The Shit I wont Forget
Re: Greetings From Mac Mini
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:45:43 am »
I knew deep down you were an APPLE hugger !!

" These Five Words in my Head ,...... Scream out ........... ? ? "

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 10:42:33 am »
pfft as if. i was hoping they would have stole the thing over night, but nope

Offline Weave

• Senior Illustrious Potentate
  • Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MisterWeave Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 10:59:17 pm »
I messed around on the boy's Mac laptop, but I didn't want to mess things up. I am like you - I know nothing of Mac, but they are looking better and better all the time.
Take care,
Weave

Offline Rob

• It wasn't Me !
    • View Profile
    • The Shit I wont Forget
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 12:29:14 am »
yeah Weave they are always one step ahead of Microsoft.  They are the "Ford" of the computer world and "PC" is GM.   
" These Five Words in my Head ,...... Scream out ........... ? ? "

Offline hotrats

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 10:15:51 pm »
We are using Fuji Medical's Synapse http://www.fujimed.com/products-services/network-systems/default.asp?location=1&area=5&id=0&subid=0. All PC hardware but at a bigger expense. The storage is huge but not over the top. We moved the storage over to the SAN after cheaping out on a tape system initially for archived scans. The view stations are $5000 dollar high res. flat panels and the surgical suites have 60 inch monitors mounted to the walls. The system mostly runs itself and requires the occasional kick in the dicom server. We also have a system where the orthopedic surgeon can overlay hardware onto the images to supplier specs. He sizes the hardware before surgery so there is no guess work as to lengths of joint sizing. I scream bloody hell when I see the docs running Pandora internet radio on the surgical suite machines.

David

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 05:34:54 pm »
the two big hospitals in town are both using Synapse. Too much dinero for us right now!!