Author Topic: iPod Touch Fun  (Read 9796 times)

Offline Weave

• Senior Illustrious Potentate
  • Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MisterWeave Blog
iPod Touch Fun
« on: March 04, 2009, 09:38:00 pm »
I am loving it more and more...

RSS Player is a great podcast downloader and player app - much better than the iPod's podcasting download system (one episode at a time)

The NY Times app also updated yesterday and it is GREAT now - much faster, slick interface, and very good for news.

Amazon just released a Kindle for iPod app that allows you to nail books (no periodicals though) through the Kindle Store.

Pandora, the music player that bases its stations based on the Music Genome project's similar artists concept - magical!

And there is a Public Radio player app that allows you to choose from MANY different public radio stations to stream.

The iPod is getting very cool!

Getting interesting, sirs...
Take care,
Weave

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
Re: iPod Touch Fun
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 01:10:23 pm »
I thought the release of the Kindle app was pretty neat. I knew you would dig it since you an avid reader of stuff. lol I still read on my Windows Mobile phone.

Almost done witht he twilight series.

Offline hotrats

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 10:14:57 pm »
I have been having a blast with my iPod Touch. It is invaluable at work hooked to Exchange. I am also canceling my Sirius account because I now have so much music available on the iPod that I hardly ever turn it on anymore. I started playing with WordPress lately just for the halibut. Nothing great yet but tickling the look and playing "fun" time.

http://geekfarmer.com/milkhouse/

I found an app at the App Store for the Touch that allows me to post from the iPod and insert pics from the photo library. Kinda cool but it crashes once in a while at random. Still good but waiting to see if they update to calm the jitters. I follow a bunch of blogs using WordPress, one being "The Angry Drunk". I knew he used WordPress but when I scoped it tonight from the Touch I had a mobile formated version. Turns out he is using a WPtouch plugin. I downed it tonight and install and now if you visit the site with an iPod or iPhone you get a version that is mobile friendly. Very cool!

I agree with you Tim the iPod Touch is way cool and I am having a great time playing and "working" with it. I grabbed the Kindle app last night and snagged a book. There is a strong selection of computer books at the Kindle Store including the Best of 2600 volume.

I keep finding new fun every day.

David

Offline hotrats

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 12:08:34 pm »
Just an FYI Barnes and Noble bought Fictionwise/eReader.com yesterday afternoon for $15.7 million cash.

http://www.ereader.com/bn.htm

http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com/press_releases/2009_march_5_fictionwise.html

Watch for an increased selection and a pricing drop if they want to compete with Amazon/Kindle. We could be seeing a healthy (for us) ebook territory battle starting.

David

Offline Weave

• Senior Illustrious Potentate
  • Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MisterWeave Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 11:30:35 pm »
Just nailed another app called "deadsetz" that gives access to a bunch of dead concert streams, event posters, lyrics, and a forum for discussions of all things dead.
Take care,
Weave