Author Topic: ActiveSync over WiFi  (Read 8999 times)

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
ActiveSync over WiFi
« on: March 25, 2004, 11:49:13 pm »
Since I got the wireless router and wifi card I have yet to connect my Axim to its USB cable. Why? Because after changing a few settings I can now Synchronize wirelessly. All the function of being connected over Wifi are there.

This is what you do. First you must allow network connections with your PC via activesynch by going into ActiveSyn, click File, then Connection Settings, and put a check mark on "Allow network [Ethernet] and Remote Access Service [RAS] server connection with this desktop computer". Now with your Pocket PC undocked click start Active Syn on it and dont hit connect. Click on Tools and then Options. Where it says Use This PC, select your PCs name. It will be there if you have created a Partnership with your PPC. Then put a check mark on Sync with theis PC during manual sync. Next, click the Options button and select Maintain Connection uner the When Syncing remotely.

That should be it!

Now when you start Active Sync on the PPC all you have to do is click Sync.

Kewl ay?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 11:49:33 pm by digiSal »

Offline Weave

• Senior Illustrious Potentate
  • Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MisterWeave Blog
Re:ActiveSync over WiFi
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 07:42:02 pm »
To me, the idea of getting an inflatable kid pool, getting a few beers, sitting in the backyard, firing up the PPC and surfing is AWESOME!

Oh - and being able to sync is cool, too.
Take care,
Weave

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
Re:ActiveSync over WiFi
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 01:23:25 am »
WiFi is great man!! Especially with such a small device. I used to hate having to fire up the PC to check an email or to see how I am doing on a bid at ebay. But now, its only a Power Button away... I love it.

I really really want to have Built In Wifi though!!

e805 where art though?

--Sal-

To me, the idea of getting an inflatable kid pool, getting a few beers, sitting in the backyard, firing up the PPC and surfing is AWESOME!

Oh - and being able to sync is cool, too.