Author Topic: Stop Errors...  (Read 7856 times)

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
Stop Errors...
« on: February 03, 2004, 04:06:19 am »
Working on a PC in which the user would open a programs and it would lock up on him. Had to manuall kill it. Managed to get into its XP Pro and disable everything that starts on start up but still no go. I figured maybe there was a virus on it, but I couldnt update virus definitions because it would lock up. I have a DOS version of Norton 2003 but the definitions are not up to date but i ran it anyway. Nada. I called up user and asked if he had any data on the system that he needed. He said no, so i wiped it.

I cannot reinstall XP though. I keep getting blue screens of death which gives me the Stop error 0x0000007e (0xc0000005,0x808ae527,0xfebee114,0xfebede14).

I tested the hard drive with the Maxtor Hard Drive utility in my ToolKit and it said it was certified good.

Next, I tested Memory with GoldMemory, and it failed everytime. I installed a 64mb stick i got laying around it parseed. I put in another 64mb stick, turns out its 256mb stick. It parseed the tests so i went to the XP install, but i got the Stop Error again. I ran the Memory Test again, and now only 64mb are being seen.

I am tempted to go out and buy another mem stick, but first i am going to look for the BIOS update, if there is one.