Author Topic: XBOX / PS2 / GameCube  (Read 11908 times)

Offline Rob

• It wasn't Me !
    • View Profile
    • The Shit I wont Forget
XBOX / PS2 / GameCube
« on: November 28, 2002, 08:34:17 pm »
theres been battles between Sony's Playstation 2 and Microsofts XBox  [smiley=argue.gif].  Well I can almost say I've owned most of the Games Consoles that have come out dating all the way back to the one that started it all Atari.  But the main ones of Todays Gen is XBox / PS2 / GameCube. If anyone that reads this Post let me know what you think on these consoles.  And if you do not have one and are thinking of buying one.  The XBox is the way to go " i think " at 199.00 and comes with 2 games ...not all XBox consoless have the 2 free games within.  While PS2 offers nothing.  Depending where you buy the PS2 ...Best Buy will give you a free carring case with purchase of the PS2 "wow"
thats nothing..Check the Clearance Asiles at Target and you can find those cases on Clearance of 5 bucks.  " Hint Hint "  The XBox is Coming out in a couple of weeks  with 3 free Games and still at 199.00.....Geee i wonder what Playstation and Nintendo are going to do when XBox does that..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 09:00:00 pm by 1064646000 »
" These Five Words in my Head ,...... Scream out ........... ? ? "

Offline Rob

• It wasn't Me !
    • View Profile
    • The Shit I wont Forget
Re: XBOX / PS2 / GameCube
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2002, 09:53:32 am »
Best Buy had a deal with the XBox Console....It was the XBox system with 2 free games and a 30 Gift Card that you recieve also, and still @ 199.00.  Never Ever again will i go shoping the day after Thanksgiving.

Offline Weave

• Senior Illustrious Potentate
  • Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MisterWeave Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2002, 11:07:46 am »
Sorry - didn't see this one.

Anywho - most of my gaming experience is dealing with my boy - he is on a huge retro-gaming kick. I guess that whole ebay deal has everyone hocking old crap. Some people just picked up that there is a market and instead of dealing with possible unscrupulous people online you can deal with them in person. At least you get the ability to tote the crap home with you when you buy it instead of waiting for someone to mail the crap to you.

Getting back to the boy - he has currently a Playstation 2, a Dreamcast, a Super Nintendo (his latest), a Sega Genesis, and a Gameboy Advance.

He plays the Playstation 2 the most. He has said he wouldn't mind coming into a GameCube, too. As far as the XBox, he doesn't seem too interested.

Backwards compatibility seems to be the key to longevity - the original Gameboy games can be played in the Gameboy Advance. That's something like 700 titles. Playstation did the same thing and they seem to be killing the market.

I know that the XBox has the more impressive stats and all, but it doesn't have the variety that the Playstation does. That and alot of the games are ported over from other platforms and do not really take advantage of the capabilities of the XBox. Without games that actually take advantage of those capabilities, what is the point? Kinda like a car that can do 120 mph when the speed limit is 55 - yeah - nice.

Just a thought.
Take care,
Weave

admin

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2002, 02:06:23 pm »
the other day when Rob was over TRYING to make a cd with my computer, note emphasis on trying because i wasnt helping his arse, i broke out the old Sega Genesis.

Many moons ago my brother had a Genesis and he had a game called Crue Ball which was a pinball game with Motley Crue Songs, the were midi (instrumental). Well many moons later my mom brings home a Genesis from i dont know where. So i quickly got on to ebay and found Crue ball for a few bucks!

anyway, thats my story.

i have the original Sega here somewhere. The one that came with Hang On and that other hunting game that used the gun. i want to say DUck Hunt but i think thats Nintendo....

--Sal- 8-)

Offline Rob

• It wasn't Me !
    • View Profile
    • The Shit I wont Forget
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2003, 08:52:15 pm »
Stop Lying Jay.!!.........Where did you get a few bucks from  Huh ??  haha [smiley=glarsees2.gif]

admin

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2003, 10:42:44 pm »
arse! [smiley=evil.gif]