Author Topic: Emulating on the Pocket PC  (Read 9066 times)

admin

Emulating on the Pocket PC
« on: May 05, 2003, 12:38:55 pm »
so the first program i looked for for the Pocket PC was a checking app of some sort, and then a version of MAME.

I am using MS Money for my checking and i found MAMECE3 to play the games...

they games dont play to well, Ms Pacman was very slow and had no sound, i had to ajust some settings like disabling throttling and enabling flicker to make the game seem faster, i couldnt get any other game to work.

I later found the real Ms Pac Man, Pac Man and Dig Dug games, so i play those...

and late last nite i found an emulator that emulates the SNES, NES, GAMEBOY, GAMEBOY ADVANCE, MASTERSYSTEMS, GAMEGEAR, and TURBOGRAFX-16.
Its called MorphGear
www.morphgear.com

i had a Killer Instinct SNES rom laying around, it loaded up, the grafix were good, but was slow as crap. I then loaded up Mortal Kombat for Game Boy advance, but it was to memory hungry so it wouldnt play. I managed to play a few Gameboy, and Gameboy color games just fine. I believe the Advance games would require more memory, the Pocket PC has peaked at 32MB of RAM...

Tetris, Tetris 2,  Dr. Mario, and Battleship wored perfect... i am going to try some NES games later...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 09:00:00 pm by 1064646000 »

admin

Re: Emulating on the Pocket PC
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 12:40:04 pm »
wtf are MASTERSYSTEMS, GAMEGEAR, and TURBOGRAFX-16  by the way?

Offline Weave

• Senior Illustrious Potentate
  • Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MisterWeave Blog
Re: Emulating on the Pocket PC
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 05:43:37 pm »
Don't remember mastersystems, but GameGear was by Sega and I remember the commercials for the TurboGraphix 16... never palyed any of them, though. These are some really clarseic gaming systems...

Very cool, though.
Take care,
Weave