Author Topic: Debit Card  (Read 8809 times)

Offline neuromancer

• View Profile
Debit Card
« on: December 18, 2005, 10:00:13 pm »
http://www.digisal.com/jl//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=114&Itemid=30

Lost my debit card again! Earlier this month I left it behind at Chilis but this time around it was at Applebees. The first time I noticed right away that I didnt have it but  this time I didnt notice it was missing til Friday night. A good 12 hours later! I called them up but they didnt have it so they advised me to call Saturday morning. A little bit hungover but I called and they didnt have it. So I had to make it to the bank before they closed so I could have cash for the weekend. Sux paying cash. I feel like I am limited in my spending to much. I guess that is a good thing though.

What as funny was that I wasnt done being out spending money when I realized I did. . .

I just had one of my credit cards shut off by the bank because a retailer I used it at reported a data base compromise. This is the second time it has happened to me. The first was several years ago when BJ's reported that their data base had been compromised. Kind of a pain in the arse but I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. The only other time I had a card shut off was when I reported a debit made on my card from a German buckle manufacturer. I never ordered any German buckles and the company never answered their phone when the bank called to investigate. They bank refunded me the $10.95 and shut the card off.

David

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
Re: Debit Card
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 11:25:26 pm »
Yeah, we all know you only use English buckles, not German!

A few months back my card was shutdown for the data compromise and i never get a new card in the mail so when i went to by some nice doc martin sandals i was denied! The sandals were on sale so I hauled it back home to get my checks, which I couldnt find for about 30 minutes; they were in the vette. They denied my checks also! Dirty Rats. And the ATM machine said my card was Retained, whatever that means. So that was an adventure but i got my sandals the next day once the bank said my checks were good.