Author Topic: moving  (Read 9651 times)

Offline chupame2

• Intern post ENFORCER
    • View Profile
moving
« on: December 30, 2003, 05:49:48 pm »
so i get to move tomorow.  heres what sux, no internet for 5 days...im gonna go nuts.  im gonna owe 150 bucks for electricity... hopefully it wont be due until after the 14th (payday).  rent is freakin high.   good news: 730sq feet, one bedroom (lower elec bill), first floor.  so im getting a tv and can only watch air channels until tuesday.  guess that isnt too bad, but i need that internet!!  prolly gonna get sent to helpdesk next semester. and i would really rather not.  but it is highly recommended that if i apply for the job that i take what time i can at promontory while i can.  im not gonna look forward to moving over there either.  from what i hear they just buddy jack for a couple days and throw you to the sharks.  oh well, the pay is the same and mike got away with sleeping for the first half of the day, maybe it wont be all bad.  

:002: :end:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
Re:moving
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 05:59:04 pm »
Thats funny, i get to move tomorrow also. Only i am moving 328 miles south whereas you are only moving a few hundred feet or so. Buts its all good. I am happy. I even have a Job Interview on Tuesday.

The help desk is not to bad. I worked that help desk for about two months. The people who generally call are nice. There used to be a Judge who used to call and tell me jokes. Mike makes it seems worse then it actually is. I think he can do that with just about everything.

Just remember. Be Nice.

--Sal-

Offline Si-Hing

• Seeker of Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 12:07:53 am »
You'll be just fine. A couple days is usually all you really need anyway since your not really put in charge of anything important at the beginning. Just smile and nod, laugh at David's(cheesy) jokes, and when all else fails, call Brad...he knows "everything". Oh and don't be late or fran will eat you :).

BTW: i forgot to leave it behind but i put together a compendium that answers just about everything they can possably throw at you at helpdesk(boredom+PDA=innovation) ;)
Ill send it your way if you want it

Offline chupame2

• Intern post ENFORCER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 07:42:36 pm »
well i just got a bit of luck on two fronts.  front one, sherry came up and asked me if i was serious about the helpdesk JOB so i gave her my application and its gonna get sent over interoffice mail tomorow.  the other good news is that i am probably gonna stay here at SO interning with ISSS!!  WOOT!   :2thumbsup: :bouncy:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.

Offline digiSal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • digiSal
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 08:51:50 pm »
thats good news man!

i have one interview tomorrow morning. See how it goes.