Author Topic: Art Critic in a Gas Station Restroom  (Read 9489 times)

charlesb

Art Critic in a Gas Station Restroom
« on: April 02, 2003, 04:50:30 am »
 ::)

I'm sitiing in a stall, with writing on the wall
I'm reading some off-colour jokes

Towering penisis, cavernous vaginas
All drawn in crude, hasty strokes

Layer on layer, like the ruins of Troy
Each coat of paint bears similar messages

When I think of the artists, the inspiration they employed
I'd say they got it from their own back parseages!

8)  charlesb
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 09:00:04 pm by -1 »

admin

Re: Art Critic in a Gas Station Restroom
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 09:08:35 pm »
these artists seem to frequent library restrooms as well.

i read when i go to the office, i guess some folk just feel the need to draw....

oh welcome, welcome to Yatta       to the Third Power
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 09:00:00 pm by 1064646000 »

Offline Rob

• It wasn't Me !
    • View Profile
    • The Shit I wont Forget
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 09:45:30 pm »
Who ever stall were just for crapting.  Theres Poetry and Art that comes from there too.  [smiley=toilet.gif]
" These Five Words in my Head ,...... Scream out ........... ? ? "

charlesb

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 03:55:08 am »
;)

craphouse poety seems to be dying out sometimes, but it always comes back. "Art Critic in a Gas Station Restroom" is an originial piece of - poetry, written in the early 1970's by yours truly.

On the strength of "Art Critic in a Gas Station Restroom" , I decided that I was not born to be a poet, and moved on to writing technical articles and occasional fiction.

Many people disparage and downgrade craphouse poerty and art because - well, the reason for that is obvious I suppose.

What they may not know is about the "handprints" discovered on the walls of some caverns in southern France, back in the 1950's. Some of them are estimated to be at least 30,000 years old.

According to anthropologists, the stone-age artists would take a handful of feces and "slap" it up against the cave wall, leaving a discernable hand-print.

That's right!  The oldest human art we have evidence of is "craphouse" art, and all further artistic expression was developed from that genre. Art historians are aware of this, but generally will not acknowlege our debt to craphouse artists.

"Art Critic in a Gas Station Restroom" was written with all of this in mind, describing a hypothetical situation where a poofy, snooty art critic finds himself in a smelly gas station restroom, confronted with the root of all human artistic expression.

I hate to have to mention this, but it was supposed to be funny.

I don't have any other poetry to submit... Most of the poetry I wrote in the 70's was destroyed in a flood, and "Art Critic in a Gas Station Restroom" was the only one I had bothered to memorize.

New craphouse poety is rare, so I felt it was my duty to publish my humble effort in the original artist's venue, the walls of various craphouses. After writing it down a few dozen times I had it memorized, and like the handprints on those cave walls in France, it has "stuck with me" ever since.

charlesb

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 09:00:04 pm by -1 »

admin

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 04:14:24 pm »
and now that i have read your inspiration for the poem, and when i read that poem again, it makes all that more funny. especially when you say:

"I'd say they got it from their own back parseages! "

According to anthropologists, the stone-age artists would take a handful of feces and "slap" it up against the cave wall, leaving a discernable hand-print.