General > Yatta Yatta Yatta

Cold Enough For You?

(1/2) > >>

hotrats:
Hell yeah! -39 degrees this AM.

My car would not start. The battery just could not handle it. We got Bev's started but the power steering was totally stiff. I let it warm up a bit before fighting the steering to get it closer to mine for the jump. The jump never worked and in the process of backing it up I noticed what looked like someone had tossed a chocolate shake on the ground under Bev's car. The hose blew out on the rack and pinion and spewed the contents. Too much pressure and the thickness of the frozen contents didn't jive.

Yeah, it's officially cold enough. People up here are jonesing for -20 degrees.

PS Posted from touch.

David

digiSal:
that my friend, is insane!

hotrats:
Yup, it is insane. Once your bones get cold it takes all day to get warm again. Mt. Washington made the new issue of National Geographic. Up there is way more than insane.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2009/02/mt-washington/shea-text

We just grin and bear it ... mostly from indoors.

David

digiSal:
so does it get that cold in North Carolina because I have been telling my Pastor that I am going up with his family next year!?

Weave:
North Carolina can get cold... I am near the coast and snow is an anomalie at this point. We have had one good snow this year, and usually if we get anything, it is just a very light dusting. Barely enough to make a snowball. We go det cold - but 20's is about the lowest, and that is also unusual.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version